There are many different types of loaders on the market today, so which one is best for your business? In this blog post, we’ll compare skid steers vs. regular loaders to help you make a decision. Skid steers have many advantages over regular loaders, which we’ll discuss in detail below!
What is a Skid Steer Loader?
Skid-steer loader is one of the most popular small construction machinery in the world. Relying on its flexible steering, compact body and replaceable multi-function tools, it can easily complete various comprehensive construction needs. Height, weight lifting and driving comfort are all ideal for site construction.
Skid steer loaders are mainly used in situations where the work site is narrow, the ground is uneven, and the work content changes frequently. It is suitable for infrastructure construction, industrial applications, dock loading and unloading, urban streets, residences, barns, livestock houses, airport runways, etc. At the same time, it can also be used as auxiliary equipment for large-scale construction machinery.
The biggest feature of the skid steer loader is that the overall size of the whole machine is small, and it can realize in-situ steering, and can be quickly replaced or attached to various working devices at the job site. Its uses are mainly in the following aspects:
(1) Since its minimum turning radius is less than half of the same level of articulated loaders, it is especially suitable for operations in narrow places such as urban infrastructure, roads or construction sites, workshops, warehouses, docks, ship decks and even cabins.
(2) All-wheel drive is adopted, and there is no inter-wheel differential, which is conducive to the operation on the undulating field.
(3) It can be used to replace or connect different working devices in an instant at the job site, generally only a few minutes. Therefore, it can carry out operations such as scraping, stacking, lifting, digging, drilling, crushing, grabbing, pushing and scraping, loosening soil, ditching, road cleaning and road compaction.
(4) It is used for logistics support, site cleaning and project finishing of large construction machinery.
(5) It can be used as a mobile pump station to provide power source for hydraulic tools such as hand-held hydraulic picks
What are the advantages of skid steer over ordinary loaders?
Skid steers are more compact than regular loaders, making them easier to maneuver in tight spaces, making them a popular choice for businesses that need to pass through tight spaces, such as construction sites and factories. The skid steer is also very versatile, which means it can be used for a variety of tasks such as digging, grading and loading.
Another advantage of a skid steer is that it is less expensive than a regular loader, which makes it the best choice for businesses on a budget. Skid steers also require less maintenance than regular loaders, which means You will save money in the long run.
How about Chinese brand skid steer loaders?
As the construction industry grows, more and more people are looking for ways to be more efficient on the job site, and one way many are doing this is by buying Chinese brand skid steers that change in such a short period of time. There are many reasons for its popularity.
(1) One of the reasons these loaders have become so popular is that they are so versatile that skid steers can be used for a variety of tasks such as digging, grading, and loading trucks. This versatility makes them an essential piece of equipment for any construction site.
(2) Another reason why skid steers have become so popular is that they are very affordable, Chinese brands of skid steers are usually much cheaper than their American or European counterparts, making them the best choice for those on a budget. best choice.
(3) Finally, the skid steer is very easy to operate. Even those who have never operated a loader before can easily operate it thanks to the intuitive controls found on most Chinese brand skid steers.
There are many excellent skid steer loader manufacturers in China, such as XCMG, Liugong, Longgong, etc. The following takes the products of Nicosail as an example to introduce to you in detail:
(1) Full hydraulic control system
The full hydraulic control system provides higher productivity, reduces operator fatigue, and has stable performance. It controls hydraulic oil to achieve crushing. The hydraulic control system can prevent operator errors, optimize internal hydraulic components, and greatly reduce intermediate links. .
(2) Powerful engine
The wheel loader adopts the latest perkins/kubota/Deutz/Xinchai engine technology, the new diesel engine has economical fuel consumption value.
(3) Optimization of machine structure
Optimizing the component structure and increasing the ground clearance is based on ensuring the stability of the vertical and horizontal elements of the machine. The integrated solenoid valve controls speed, breakage, and the attachment valve plate is in the multi-way valve, which simplifies the routing of hydraulic lines, the quick drop device allows the lift arm to be lowered quickly after work, and the joystick control has a solenoid self-locking system that automatically prevents operation erroneous operation of the operator.
(4) Durable structural parts
All structural parts are developed, designed and manufactured by ourselves, which are beautiful and durable. The hydraulic oil tank, oil tank and chassis are integrated into one, which maximizes the performance of the machine and makes the working arm and the body achieve a perfect combination.
High cost performance, there are dozens of supporting auxiliary devices, simple operation, convenient maintenance, and wide application.
Serviceability on skid steers has long been the best, with all service and maintenance points easily accessible through the rear of the machine and the sloping cab for easy service.
The machine can be customized according to customer needs.
How to operate a small skid steer safely?
Operating a small skid steer can be tricky, but with a little practice you can get pretty good at it, and here are a few tips to help you get started.
(1) Before operating the machine, make sure you wear the correct safety equipment, including safety goggles, helmet and gloves.
(2) If you have never operated a skid steer before, it is important to read the manual, which will help you understand how the machine works and the safety precautions you need to take.
(3) It’s also a good idea to seek advice from someone who has experience operating skid steers, who can help you get a feel for how the machine works and provide helpful tips.
(4) When you’re ready to start operating the skid steer, it’s important to take your time at first, get a feel for how the machine moves, and be careful not to overload it.
(5) As you become more familiar with the operation of the skid steer, you can start to speed up, just make sure to pay attention to your surroundings and never operate the machine in an unsafe manner.
If you liked this blog post, be sure to share it with your friends and welcome to chat with us!