If you’re considering purchasing an excavator for your business, you may be wondering if it’s a good investment. The answer to this question depends on many factors, including the type of excavation you do and how often you use the machine. In this blog post, we’ll discuss some of the benefits of owning an excavator and provide tips on choosing the right excavator for your needs.
What is an excavator?
Excavator, also known as excavation machinery, also known as excavator, is an earthmoving machine that uses a bucket to excavate materials above or below the bearing surface and load them into a transport vehicle or unload it to a stockyard. The materials excavated by the excavator are mainly soil, coal, silt, soil and rock after pre-loosening. Judging from the development of construction machinery in recent years, the development of excavators is relatively fast, and excavators have become one of the essential construction machinery in engineering construction. The three most important parameters of an excavator: are operating weight, engine power and bucket capacity.
Classification of standard excavators:
Excavator classification 1: Common excavators are divided into internal combustion engine-driven excavators and electric-driven excavators. Electric excavators are mainly used in plateau hypoxia, underground mines and other flammable and explosive places.
Excavator classification 2: According to the different walking methods, excavators can be divided into crawlers and wheeled excavators.
Excavator classification three: According to the different transmission methods, excavators can be divided into hydraulic and mechanical excavators. Mechanical excavators are mainly used in some large mines.
Excavator classification four: According to the use, excavators can be divided into general excavators, mining excavators, marine excavators, special excavators and other different categories.
Why are more and more people buying excavators for investment?
There are many reasons why more and more people are buying excavators for investment. First, excavators are versatile machines that you can use for various purposes, such as excavation, demolition, and earthmoving. They can also be used for construction, mining and farming, making them a very versatile investment. Excavators can replace labour, save time and improve work efficiency. For example, due to the advantages of small size and low initial capital investment, mini excavators are widely used in decoration, agriculture, animal husbandry and landscape in big cities. Today, we will look at the industries where mini excavators can be used.
(1) Municipal road engineering industry: It is unavoidable to excavate pipe trenches and bury pipes in foundation pits in municipal management. Micro excavators are the best choice because of their small size and high flexibility. In addition, the arm of the mini excavator can swing 90 degrees, which is very useful when digging against a wall. Micro excavators are also more convenient to transport, and light trucks and even pickups can be used for shipment.
(2) House decoration: The rotten holes on the wall must be removed during house decoration, and it is more efficient to use a micro excavator than a manual hammer. The mini excavator is relatively small and can go up and down stairs according to indoor stairs or even elevator cars.
(3) Road expansion of self-built houses in rural areas: In the past, when self-built dwellings in rural areas were used, artificial foundation pits were required to excavate sewer pipeline foundations and pipe trenches. Now, you can solve those jobs with small excavators, which eases the labour efficiency of workers and further improves the operation speed.
(4) Tunnel construction: The small excavator has a meagre aspect ratio and can be driven into some small and medium-sized tunnels for engineering construction. Some manufacturers have even developed electric mini excavators, which can better integrate into the natural environment of tunnel construction.
(5) Landscape work: The natural environment of agricultural and animal husbandry landscape work is very narrow, and saplings and crops often block the surrounding area. In the maintenance of farming and animal husbandry gardens, it is impossible to make good use of large-scale machinery for digging and ditching, and micro excavators are just suitable.
(6) Vegetable greenhouse digging: Vegetables in greenhouses are generally relatively short, and large and medium-sized agricultural vehicles cannot work inside, so micro excavators are used for digging and ditching.
(7) Slag cleaning in steelmaking furnace: The critical application of steelmaking furnace or heating furnace weapon equipment in ironmaking plants is that a large amount of slag will be generated in smelting. During the whole slag cleaning process, the micro excavator was often used to turn over the slag to clean the slag, and the working environment was extreme, which greatly tempered the driver and the excavator.
(8) Dangerous work at heights: In news reports, we often see some small excavators working on cliffs, such as cliff construction or disaster relief work. The chassis of this excavator can be tilted to keep part of the cab level. At the same time, the excavator is suspended and trained with galvanised steel wire rope. It takes a lot of courage to operate this excavator!
Another reason excavators are a good investment is that they are relatively low-cost maintenance machines. This means you don’t have to spend a lot of money on repairs and maintenance. In addition, excavators are durable and can withstand wear and tear, so excavators are well worth the investment.
In the end, excavators are a good investment, and excavators are often used on construction projects, which means there is always demand for them because of their high resale value. This means that you can sell your excavator for a reasonable price if you need it.
So if you’re considering buying an excavator, it’s worth considering as an investment. Lastly, excavators are durable and can withstand wear and tear; they hold their value very well; excavators are versatile, low maintenance, and have a high resale value, making them a wise investment.
What factors need to be considered when buying an excavator?
Price is often the first factor we consider when buying an excavator, but what else should we pay attention to?
(1) Quality stability
The model of the excavator is related to the weight. To maximise their interests, some manufacturers will use the 10% legal weight floating ratio to cut corners in the production process of excavators, thereby indirectly reducing the cost performance of excavators. Therefore, when choosing an excavator, we should look at the excavator’s brand and model and pay attention to its actual weight.
(2) After-sales service
There will inevitably be failures as long as the excavator is still in use. Therefore, when we buy an excavator, we must consider how to remedy the failure in advance and recover the loss in time. At this time, we must first understand the after-sales support capabilities of excavator manufacturers. How many after-sales personnel can serve the excavator at any time, whether they can help repair the equipment if the excavator fails, can the service personnel come to the door in time to eliminate it, etc.? After all, for construction sites, especially mining operations, time is money, so whether the manufacturer’s post-service can be in place is an essential factor that has to be weighed.
(3) Parts inventory
Excavator work is a high-intensity, high-risk job. During construction, many excavators often cause damage to airframe components due to accidents or malfunctions. Because of this objective problem, before buying an excavator, we must know whether the manufacturer’s spare parts storage capacity can meet the needs of all buyers. If the excavator cannot work for a long time due to the manufacturer’s insufficient supply of spare parts, the economic loss caused is undoubtedly massive.
(4) Operation comfort
Whether an excavator is suitable for you, in addition to the cost-effectiveness, the “feel” is also vital. For different working conditions, the operation mode of each excavator will be slightly different. It is also essential to consider whether its operation mode conforms to your previous driving habits. Check whether the inner vision of the excavator is open, the noise level, whether the air conditioning and electrical system are not Reasonable and perfect, etc.
In the future development of the construction machinery industry, challenges and opportunities coexist. Especially in the construction machinery industry, benefits and risks also exist. When many entrepreneurs want to enter this industry, if they don’t want to invest too much money, there is no need to buy that kind of giant machine because the small excavator market is very Mature, so purchasing an excavator to start a business, you can directly buy a small excavator, which has the following advantages:
(1) Small excavators are emerging models in China! Small excavators are the best substitute for manual mechanical products, and the market has a small amount. With the recognition of small excavators, the demand will gradually increase, and more importantly, the investment will be low, and the income will be high.
(2) Pay attention to the cost performance of small excavators! The so-called price-performance ratio is specific performance, details, fuel consumption, craftsmanship, quality, and service, rather than a simple sentence of “who is the cheapest”. You can’t just be greedy for cheap when choosing to buy! Some brands put the small excavator products on the market before they are mature, resulting in the product quality not keeping up, and the follow-up work is very troublesome.
Thank you for reading, I hope our article can help you, and you are welcome to leave a message and contact us at any time!