Our daily life application of mini excavators is extensive, and there are many market choices, such as Caterpillar, Komatsu, XCMG, and other big brands. The quality of small excavators produced by these brands is good. But the price is relatively high. They are not the right choice for households or those who want to do wholesale and small excavators’ retail business. Many people turn their attention to small excavators made in China.
After years of research and development and production, China’s small excavators’ technology has been very mature, the quality is very reliable, and the price is not high. It is the right choice. However, for most people, China is a faraway country. There is no way to go to China for a business trip and cannot conduct on-site factory inspections and business negotiations before purchasing. Especially during the period of COVID-19, this possibility is almost impossible.
So how can you buy a small excavator in China without any on-site inspection? Apart from price, should other factors be considered?
Selection of Excavator Suppliers
How to choose a suitable seller? Undoubtedly, searching through the Internet is the right way. We can search through Google or go to Alibaba or Made-in-China (these are the two best B2B websites in China). You can find hundreds of suppliers. How to choose?
Choose a manufacturer or trader?
The advantage of the factory is that the price is lower, and the trading company’s service is more detailed. In China, the number of real small excavator factories is far less than those selling them. Many trading companies have better prices, services, and attitudes towards customers than factories. There is no need to worry about whether the other party is a production factory or a trading company. It depends on whose price and service are better.
If you like to cooperate with factories, you can find them in Shandong Province, China. Shandong is China’s construction machinery manufacturing base. Komatsu, Shantui, Lingong, and SEM factories are all built here. In contrast, excavator factories are mainly located in Jining and Liaocheng city.
How to find a reliable excavator supplier?
There are many small trading companies with only one or two people. They are called SOHU. This is a smart way of working in China. Some SOHUs do very well, but many small companies will disappear at any time, There is no guarantee in doing business with them. How to avoid these problems and buy the most reliable small excavator? Here are a few simple ways to tell you.
Check the company’s business license.
You can ask the seller for a business license so that you can see the company’s establishment time. SOHU’s work style has been trendy in China in recent years. This will help you find some companies that have been in business for a long time.
There are trade data between Chinese companies and more than 20 countries in the customs data. You can search for the company’s export status you are following on it to confirm whether it is a living company.
Have Alibaba and Made in China store or not.
Cross-border e-commerce is a significant trend in the future, and Alibaba and Made-in-China.com are the two largest B2B websites in China. Some advanced users’ corporate information has been officially certified by international certification companies such as SGS/TUV/BV.
This is very important. In China, it takes a considerable amount of money to build a qualified foreign trade website. Some small companies do not have the funds and strength to create such a website. They often spend a small amount of investment, making a website with a bad experience or cannot even be played. Some sellers don’t even have websites.
And some powerful companies will have a perfect user experience website. A strong company will have a website with an ideal user experience. Sometimes, there is not only one website. They have independent websites for each product, such as NICOSAIL GROUP, just create independent websites for single products, such as independent websites for excavators, rollers, concrete grinders.
Alibaba Supplier Reports
The Alibaba Supplier Report provides verified data, allowing you to gain insight into the approved suppliers’ list. Of course, it is limited to suppliers on Alibaba.
You can view the seller’s factory and office scenes through video calls.
Help from Chinese friends
If you have a friend from China, you can ask him to help you review the seller’s information, which will be much more convenient.
Chinese sellers on Alibaba will have a place to display customer reviews. You can intuitively see what other buyers are saying about it.
The identification of the quality of the excavator
Because the factories are concentrated in Jining and Liaocheng, it has caused a phenomenon that one part factory supplies multiple excavator factories simultaneously. The similarity of the parts causes appearance similar. It is difficult to judge the quality of an excavator from its appearance. You can inquire about the excavator factory from the following aspects:
- Hydraulic pump: The cast iron pump can resist the vibration caused by the engine’s strong power and can better transform the power source. The cast aluminum pump has low shock resistance and poor power conversion.
2.Hydraulic cylinder: The high-quality, high-pressure, and heavy-duty hydraulic cylinder uses a high-precision quenching process to withstand better pressure and more full load. The standard hydraulic cylinder has not undergone the quenching process, and its thickness increases and is easy to deform.
3. Support shaft: After the quenching process, it is not easy to bend. The ordinary support shaft has been thickened, and it is not concentric and easy to turn without quenching.
4. Bulldozing board: The 90-degree bulldozing board is designed to bulldoze outwards vertically. The soil should not be turned back. The ordinary 45-degree bulldozing board is easy to turn the ground and affect walking.
5. Boom: The reinforced boom is not easy to break.
6. Chassis: The addition of a tie rod design helps make the track more closely fit the wheels and enhances the driving force.
7. Safety guard: help to improve the safety of operation.
Payment is also a thing to pay attention to, Especially when establishing cooperation for the first time. I make suggestions to you in the following areas:
- For small orders, Chinese machinery sellers rarely accept OA, and LC is a suitable payment method.
- TT payment is more common in China, you can choose a 30% advance payment, and the remaining part will be paid by a copy of the bill of lading.
- For those who plan to do long-term wholesale or sales business, you can try the small order first and then arrange the order after satisfaction.
- If you have previously had business dealings with Chinese companies or individuals, you can ask them to review the company’s status and reduce risks.
- Find a familiar cargo agent, but the cost will be higher.
If you want to buy a small Chinese excavator brand that can be repaired and sold locally, you have few options. There are almost no overseas after-sales service points for small excavators in China, so you have to be prepared for this. The warranty period is generally one year. The more excellent sellers will promise you a more extended warranty, and NICOSAIL promises 18 months. During this period, quality problems will be actively resolved, and accessories will be mailed. Also, you can pay attention to these aspects:
- Try to choose accessories with high market recognition.
- Daily maintenance of the excavator should be done to avoid unnecessary damage.
- The excavator itself is more convenient to maintain. Ask the seller for a maintenance manual to learn simple maintenance techniques.
- If you are doing business on your own, find a supplier that can provide you with comprehensive support.
One last reminder, the transportation of excavators, is generally by sea. Depending on the destination port, the cost of large ports is low, while small ports require high transshipment costs. General transportation takes 20-50 days. Some sellers who promote “free shipping” only start out. There are no fees in chinese port, and the destination port’s cost will be relatively high. If you plan to do a long-term business in China, you also need to understand.
If you have any questions, please leave a message below.